Tuesday, June 5, 2007

So I'm a bit obsessive

I spent an hour and a half last night looking for the USB camera cord. Scott kept trying to get me to stop going out to the van in the dark and I got mad because he kept telling me to practice my "deep breathing." I eventually gave up, resigned to the fact that we'd have to spend untold amounts of money to buy a new one. Until I changed Mary's diaper this morning and found the cord under the diaper bag. Scott gloated.

The North Shore Inn may not be a swanky hotel, but they've got the best mattresses I've ever slept on, excluding my own. Mary only woke up once, to eat. They've also got awesome black-out curtains. Our room also had a huge bathroom with great water pressure. Add this to the new computer with flatscreen monitor in the lobby with high speed internet and it made for a great night's stay. All in all worth the $80ish. Plus there's a complimentary continental breakfast.

I'm going to have to spend some time later resizing the photos on the laptop, because the camera's resize capability makes for some pixelated photos.




Weird sculpture thing behind the gas station in Princeton. Phiffer's Fountain? Apparently it was given away for free to whoever had the funds to move it out of its location in Vancouver, where it took up too much room.





Isn't this amazing weather? Also in Princeton.



The little miss playing with the other little miss on Gyro Beach in Osoyoos.



See under the tree? That's the bylaw officer who kicked us off the beach.

A lovely view of Osoyoos from the hill east of town.
The cool stone tunnel. Not sure if it was for trains or cars originally.
Graffiti on the tunnel - some pretty and some not-so-pretty.
You really have to see the non-pixelated version of this picture. It's a little dancing Russian man welcoming you to Grand Forks.
Mary meets Beth.
Mary and her two new friends, Leoni (right) and Daisy (left)

No comments: