Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sleep-deprived

I don't know if Mary's teething, had bad gas, or is just over-tired, but that was the worst night ever. She wouldn't fall asleep despite me nursing for well over an hour. When she eventually did (with Scott, just passed out exhausted) it didn't last long, and I spent most of the rest of the night nursing with both of us asleep. I woke up to pee and she woke up screaming, too.

There's black-out curtains in these rooms, so she and I have no idea that it's a bright sunny day out. Scott wants to just go, but I'm reluctant to wake the girl up because she so desperately needs some sleep and I'm finally not breastfeeding for the first time in 8 or 9 hours.

In other news, I just caught Scott shaving his back?

Apparently the "children" I heard running and stomping on the floor above us last night was a girl's soccer team from the States. In Winnipeg we had an American boy's hockey team. I hope this isn't a pattern. And when we drive through the States, will it be rowdy Canadian teams keeping us awake?

No comments: