Thursday, June 7, 2007

Good spirits make me laugh

We drove for a very very long time today. I woke up after my second nap and Mummy was wanting to take a detour to a little town on the map called Sandy Lake to find something called ancestors. Daddy didn't think she could find it. We drove and found Sandy Lake and the first thing was a cemetery. Mummy and me walked around and there were all sorts of happy spirits making me laugh, so I was happy too. We found an old old Ellchuk but didn't know who he was because it was written in a language Mummy calls Cyrrilic. Then we found Nickolas Ellchuck who was born in 1914 and his wife's name was Mary. We said hi. Then we found two people my mummy says are my great-great-grandparents, Dmytro and Magdalene. She jumped up and down and pointed fingers at Daddy and said "I told you so!" We took pictures.

We also found Peter Ellchuk, born in 1920, but Peter is also Grandpa Elchuk's name. And Dale Ellchuk, almost the same age as my Grandpa Dave.

That's the other thing. Mummy says that Grandpa Ellchuk started spelling the name wrong!

No comments: